How to choose a home builder
Whether you are building a new home from scratch or renovating an existing property, it is vital that you choose the right builder. The team at Wynbrook have put together our top tips on how to choose the right builder for you!
1. Do your research: Begin by asking friends and family about their building experiences as they often will be able to recommend someone. Architects will also frequently work with contractors they trust and asking them can be a great place to start.
2. Check their portfolio and ask for references: Look at their past projects and make sure they are in sync with what you want for your own home. Contacting previous clients for references will also give you valuable insight.
3. Make sure they are legitimate: It is important that your builder is licensed, registered and insured. Make sure you also check their name on the Victorian Building Authority registry.
4. Take note of how they communicate: Communication is key when it comes to building your new home so make sure you are comfortable with how your builder communicates with you.
5. Look for transparency: Put together a document that outlines the scope of work, the budget and the building plan and schedule. This means the builder will know exactly what the job entails and you know what to expect at the end.